Monday, April 30, 2012

mornings (umaga)


What is it with mornings?


I'm not really a morning person. Heck, I have trouble dragging myself to the bathroom to prepare for work every single day (have to be at the office by 6 am so I can leave at 2 pm), and I've been doing this for more than two years now! Whew!


But what I like most about mornings is the food. Almusal! Breakfast! I like restos that offer an all-day breakfast. On a very recent trip to Bora, my wife and I immensely enjoyed the breakfast buffet offered by the resort. We stayed in Boracay Tropics, away from the crowd in the beachfront (really nice resort, with friendly and very accomodating staff ). Every breakfast was like a food adventure. Our favorite was the dilis flakes. It was the first time we saw and tasted that kind of dried fish. Imagine that very tiny fish being individually sliced in half and the innards removed. Tough luck for the guy doing this everyday!


But then the mornings in Manila are also great. And today, while walking from our building to the parking lot, my wife commented on how beautiful mornings are and how the smell of the air seems much sweeter than, say, at noon. Iba talaga ang umaga


No comments:

Post a Comment